North Village Main Street Study and Master Plan – One of our current projects for 2021-2022 is a comprehensive master planning effort affecting the north village area. The Town has received a Municipal Planning Grant from the Vermont Department of Housing and Community Development for this project and has hired the firm of Stevens & Associates from Brattleboro, VT to assist the Commission.
The first public input meetings took place on October 7, 2021, and the second public input meetings followed on November 18, 2021. On each date the first meeting was held virtually via Zoom software, with the second taking place at the offices of Neighborhood Connections. On January 6, 2022, a final presentation from the consultant, presented with Zoom software but based at Neighborhood Connections, was held to present a consolidated plan and recommendation for the north village based on community input.
Draft Consolidated Plan for Londonderry’s Main Street Project in 3 scenarios, as presented and discussed via Zoom by Consultant Mark Westa of Stevens & Associates on 1/6/2022, is HERE.
Master Plan Options displayed at the 11/18/2021 meetings are HERE.
Master Plan Options narratives from the 11/18/2021 meetings are HERE.
IMPORTANT! To provide your comments or concerns to our consultants, please go to the feedback survey form which can be found HERE.
A link to the video recording of the 10/7/2021 live meeting, produced by GNAT, can be found HERE.
GNAT has also produced a “News Project” overview video on the study, which can be found HERE.
The Final Plan, adopted by the Planning Commission on 6/13/2022, is HERE.
Zoning Bylaw Amendment – One of our current projects for 2019-2023 is a comprehensive overhaul amendment to the Town’s Zoning Bylaw, which has not had a significant update since 2000. The Town has received a Municipal Planning Grant from the Vermont Department of Housing and Community Development for this project and has hired the firm of PlaceSense from Windsor, VT to assist the Commission. A link to the PlaceSense project website can be found HERE. At this website you can make comments or ask questions on the proposed draft, and you can also communicate directly with the Planning Commission by writing to the Town Offices.
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment – Version 2 (2020-06-16)
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment – Version 3 (2021-06-22)
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment – Version 4 (2021-12-01)
Draft Maps related to the Zoning Bylaw Amendments are below:
Proposed River Corridor/Aquifer Protection Map
Current and Proposed Zoning Maps for Comparison
PLEASE TAKE OUR SURVEY ON THE ZONING BYLAW AMENDMENT, WHICH IS AT:
You can watch the October 13th Meeting about the Zoning Bylaw Amendment on GNAT using the following link: http://gnat-tv.org/londonderry/
Community Water/Wastewater Study – One of our current projects for 2020 is an evaluation of water and wastewater needs, and possible solutions, for the north and south village areas of Londonderry. Below are a number of important documents related to this important effort:
- Project Overview Video (3:39)
- Engineering Request for Qualifications – 6/27/2019
- Defresne Group response to RFQ – 7/22/2019
- Study Area – North – 1/21/2020
- Study Area – South – 1/21/2020
- Project Kickoff Meeting Minutes – 1/7/2020
- Project Video Presentation – 1/23/2020 (1:07:00)
- Chester Telegraph article on Public Meeting #1, held 1/27/2020
- Study Area Resident Survey package – 2/25/2020
- VT Department of Health Well Test FAQs
- Working Group Minutes 2020-05-21 to 2021-10-04
- Community Wastewater Feasibility Study – 60% Draft 12/17/2021
Londonderry Planning Commission
- Sharon Crossman, Chair, P.O. Box 464, Londonderry, VT 05148, 824-6246, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry E. Gubb, P.O. Box 305, Londonderry, VT. 05148, 824-6055
- Mary Adams Lines
- Heather Stephenson
- Elsie Smith
- Maryann Morris
- Richard Dale, P.O. Box 905, Londonderry VT 05148, 824-6564, email@example.com
The Planning Commission meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 3:00 p.m. at the Town Office building.