WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE TOWN OF LONDONDERRY, VERMONT
Town Meeting 2023
Town Meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 7th @ 9:30am at the Town Hall 139 Middletown Road, South Londonderry. The polls will be open the same day and location from 7:00am-7:00pm for all Australian ballot votes for the Town and Taconic & Green School District. Early and Absentee ballots will be available by request February 15th. Early and absentee ballots must be returned to the polling place by 7:00pm on March 7th.
The informational meeting for the Bond Vote will be held on Monday February 27th @ 6:00pm at the Town Office 100 Old School Street, South Londonderry.
The Preliminary Investigation Findings Report, dated 12/14/2022 and conducted for the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service’s Watershed Operations Program, can be found HERE.
ZONING BYLAW AMENDMENT
The Londonderry Planning Commission is hosting a series of public information meetings about the proposed Londonderry Zoning Bylaws. The meetings will be facilitated by the Town’s consultant hired to update the regulations. The proposed bylaws represent a complete rewrite of the existing Zoning Bylaws, which have not been updated since 2009, and includes implementation of the overall 2017 Town Plan vision and other relevant goals.
Property owners are encouraged to come learn how the changes may affect their property and land use, ask questions, and provide overall comments.
- A link to the draft regulations can be found HERE.
- A link to the draft zoning maps can be found HERE and HERE.
- A link to draft River Corridor/Aquifer Protection zone maps can be found HERE.
- A link to maps comparing the current zoning districts to proposed zoning districts can be found HERE
PLEASE TAKE OUR SURVEY ON THE ZONING BYLAW AMENDMENT, WHICH IS AT: https://forms.gle/VA8kkG58Qp7YFFRF9
This project is funded through a grant from the VT Agency of Commerce & Community Development.
Other Planning Commission initiatives on:
Community Wastewater Study
North Village Main Street Study & Master Plan
Can be found on the Planning Commission web page
* * *
American Rescue Plan Act
Beginning on October 1, 2022, local organizations and businesses seeking Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds established under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, are hereby invited to submit requests for funding for eligible projects and expenses. The deadline for submissions is FEBRUARY 1, 2023. The Londonderry Selectboard will entertain proposals that provide for the following:
Support for local not-for-profit entities serving the needs of Londonderry citizens;
Support for Londonderry businesses that experienced negative impacts during or due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
Support for initiatives that provide affordable housing opportunities in Londonderry; and
Support for essential governmental services and infrastructure in Londonderry.
Detailed letters of request, including specific dollar amount and rationale for the request, should be sent via email to Town Administrator Shane O’Keefe at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to the Town Office address.
* * *
Looking for Information? Some helpful tips are below:
- For Copies of Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death) please call.
- For Copies of your Tax Bill – email email@example.com
- For Zoning matters – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Recently issued permits can be found HERE.
- All meetings of public bodies (Selectboard, DRB, etc.) agendas with access information can be found HERE.
- For TRANSFER STATION service notices, scroll to the bottom of this page
You may order any of the following by mail or by filling out the order form found here Order Form and enclose a check and drop in the back-door slot or mail. Or order by Credit or Echeck Here (Orders will be mailed to the address used to process your credit card or Echeck.)
- Transfer Station Punch Cards ($10 for 5 punches. $20 for 10 punches)
- Transfer Station Permits ($10)
- Dog Licenses – $9.00 for neutered/spayed dogs. $13.00 for intact dogs. Provide current rabies certificate if last years was expired. (Call if you are not sure about the status of your rabies certificate. 824-3356)
THE TRANSFER STATION IS HIRING! Part-time (5 hours/week) attendant position working weekends only. Backhoe experience preferred. Employment application is HERE, and submit to email@example.com, or mail to the Town Office. Position open until filled. EOE.
THE CONSERVATION COMMISSION IS HIRING! Part-time (approx. 2 hours/week) Administrative Assistant position available for arranging meetings, taking minutes and general administrative work. Job description is HERE, and employment application is HERE, which can be mailed to the Town Office or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. EOE.
COMMUNITY WASTEWATER STUDY – See the Planning Commission Home Page
Click HERE for Volunteer Opportunities, Board & Committee Vacancies
EMERGENCY NUMBER: 911
For non-emergencies call the Windham County Sheriff’s Office at 802-365-4942, or the Vermont State Police Westminster Barracks at 802-722-4600.
** TRANSFER STATION **
Hours updated as of August 23, 2022
Transfer Station Hours: Mon, Tues, Thu, Fri, Sat — 9 am – 4pm
Closed Wednesdays & Sundays.
WE ARE CLOSED ON SUNDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Closed on the following Holidays:
New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Town Meeting Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
TRANSFER STATION ALERTS!
The Londonderry Transfer Station is accepting Trash, Recyclables, Food Scraps, Construction and Demolition Waste and Leaf and Yard Waste.
- State Guidelines on use of Solid Waste facilities are HERE
- Annual Stickers and Punch Cards can be purchased by credit card or echeck by clicking this link: https://pay.xpress-pay.com/org/D6F2CEAF94204A6 These will be mailed to the address you provide, if you have special instructions – please email email@example.com.
Transfer Station Punch Cards – $10 for five punches/ $20 for ten punches
Transfer Station Yearly Permits – $10 each