WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE TOWN OF LONDONDERRY, VERMONT
From Londonderry Emergency Management:
Due to the drying weather conditions and forecasted red flag warnings, the Londonderry Fire Warden is not issuing burn permits at this time. Please refrain from any outside burning. Any questions can be address to Melvin Twitchell at 802-345-0843 or Emergency Management at 802-548-8246
The Transfer Station will not be taking brush for the burn pile until further notice! 5/21/2020
From the Londonderry Selectboard – Wear a Mask!!
May 20, 2020 – For the health and safety of our citizens – especially our retail workers – and in keeping with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Londonderry Selectboard advises that you wear a face mask when shopping at any of our retail establishments.
Town Clerk’s Office Update 6.2.2020
Per the Governor’s most recent Order, Addendum 16, the Town Clerk’s Office is updating our operational procedures to make appointments for researchers to access the vault during all of our regular office hours: M, T, TH, F 8:30-4 and Wed 10-5.
All other health and safety guidelines remain in place. Our Office will continue to do most of our business over email, the phone and using the pickup/drop off window. Please call 802 824 3356 to make an appointment before coming to the office. We will ask you to estimate the amount of time you will need in the vault so we can make multiple appointments in one day. You will be required to wear a mask to enter the office and use hand sanitizer. We will continue using the backdoor to the office. Please knock on the door when you arrive, and we will let you in. We will wipe down the public computer, copier and tabletop workspace between appointments.
Thank you all for your patience while we have worked through this difficult time.
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Kelly Pajala, Town Clerk
P.S. Dog license renewal have gone very well through the mail and using the pickup window. The late fee for renewal will be applied on July 1st so there is still time to get your dog licensed.
Limited essential municipal services are available, and if you need assistance, please call 802-824-3356.
- For Copies of Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death) please call.
- For Copies of your Tax Bill – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Zoning matters – email email@example.com. Recently issued permits can be found HERE.
- All meetings of public bodies (Selectboard, DRB, etc.) are being held entirely on-line with no physical presence – meeting agendas with access information can be found HERE.
- For TRANSFER STATION service notices, scroll to the bottom of this page
You may order any of the following by mail or by filling out the order form found here HERE and enclose a check and drop in the back-door slot or mail. Or order by Credit or Echeck Here (Orders will be mailed to the address used to process your credit card or Echeck.)
- Transfer Station Punch Cards
- Transfer Station Permits
- Dog Licenses – enclose current rabies certificate if last years was expired. (Call if you are not sure)
Click HERE for Latest from Local Emergency Management or email: MountainTownsvirtualEOC@gmail.com.
Vermont Governor Phil Scott’s Executive Orders can be found HERE
Vermont Department of Health’s website: https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/infectious-disease/2019-novel-coronavirus
Vermont Emergency Management’s website: https://vem.vermont.gov/
Invitation to Bid for 2020 PAVING can be found HERE
TRAFFIC AND PARKING ORDINANCE – An amendment establishing speed limits on Middletown Road (Town Highway #5), adopted by the Selectboard on March 16, 2020, can be found HERE. The speed limits became effective on May 15, 2020.
COMMUNITY WASTEWATER STUDY – See the Planning Commission Home Page
Click HERE for Volunteer Opportunities, Board & Committee Vacancies
Click HERE for VT Route 11 Paving Project information
EMERGENCY NUMBER: 911
For non-emergencies call the Vermont State Police Westminster Barracks: 802-722-4600.
THE LONDONDERRY MONTHLY
Click to see the latest news and happenings in the March 2020
We have added MailChimp as our method for distributing information to our town email list and will be using it to send the monthly newsletter.
Links to earlier editions of the Londonderry Monthly can be found on this site by choosing the TOWN menu and then selecting NEWSLETTER.
** TRANSFER STATION **
Transfer Station Recycling Center Hours: Mon., Tue., Thur., Fri., Sat. 9 am – 4 pm; Sun. 12 pm – 4 pm.
Closed on the following Holidays:
New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Town Meeting Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
TRANSFER STATION ALERTS!
The Londonderry Transfer Station is accepting Trash, Recyclables, Food Scraps, Construction and Demolition Waste and Leaf and Yard Waste.
- State Guidelines on use of Solid Waste facilities are HERE
- The Take It or Leave it Shed is Closed.
- The Redeemable Bottle and Can area is closed. You can recycle your redeemable bottles and cans in the appropriate recycling bay.
- Please note that until further notice the Transfer Station will be closed on Sunday.
- Until further notice, the Thrifty Attic and the Londonderry Transfer Station will not accept textiles/clothing shoes etc. Please store them until we can resume regular service.
- Annual Stickers and Punch Cards can be purchased by credit card or echeck by clicking this link: https://pay.xpress-pay.com/org/D6F2CEAF94204A6 These will be mailed to the address you provide, if you have special instructions – please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Station Punch Cards – $10 for five punches/ $20 for ten punches
Transfer Station Yearly Permits – $10 each
Last updated March 24,2020