WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE TOWN OF LONDONDERRY, VERMONT
From the Selectboard – Wear a Mask!!
July 15, 2020 – The Londonderry Selectboard has passed an Emergency Order (Click HERE) requiring the wearing of protective face coverings. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in order to protect public health, all establishments located in the Town of Londonderry that invite the public into their premises for the purpose of transacting business, shall require both staff and customers (or visitors) to wear cloth face coverings or face shields over their nose and mouth while inside the building of the establishment.
Exceptions are as follows:
- Cloth face coverings or face shields are not required to be worn by any employee during the time they are eating or exercising, and cloth face coverings or face shields are not required to be worn by any customer (visitor) during the time they are eating or exercising.
- Employees in a private room, such as an office, inside a building that is not otherwise occupied by another employee or customers (visitors) may abstain from wearing a face covering while alone in that private room.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 5; anyone who has trouble breathing; or anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
A notice to post at your business can be found HERE. Thank you for your cooperation!!
Vermont State Primary Warning for August 11, 2020 Click Here for Sample ballots
From the Selectboard – Please Control your Dog!!
June 15, 2020 – The Londonderry Dog Ordinance requires all dogs on any public property, road or trail to be under control at all times. A dog is properly under restraint if in a vehicle, on a leash of 8 feet or less, or obediently at heel beside a responsible person. Do your part to protect your neighbors, their dogs, and your pup as well. Thank you for your cooperation during these tough times.
Town Clerk’s Office Update 6.2.2020
Per the Governor’s most recent Order, Addendum 16, the Town Clerk’s Office is updating our operational procedures to make appointments for researchers to access the vault during all of our regular office hours: M, T, TH, F 8:30-4 and Wed 10-5.
All other health and safety guidelines remain in place. Our Office will continue to do most of our business over email, the phone and using the pickup/drop off window. Please call 802 824 3356 to make an appointment before coming to the office. We will ask you to estimate the amount of time you will need in the vault so we can make multiple appointments in one day. You will be required to wear a mask to enter the office and use hand sanitizer. We will continue using the backdoor to the office. Please knock on the door when you arrive, and we will let you in. We will wipe down the public computer, copier and tabletop workspace between appointments.
Thank you all for your patience while we have worked through this difficult time.
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Kelly Pajala, Town Clerk
P.S. Dog license renewal have gone very well through the mail and using the pickup window. The late fee for renewal will be applied on July 1st so there is still time to get your dog licensed.
Limited essential municipal services are available, and if you need assistance, please call 802-824-3356.
- For Copies of Vital Records (Birth, Marriage, Death) please call.
- For Copies of your Tax Bill – email email@example.com
- For Zoning matters – email firstname.lastname@example.org. Recently issued permits can be found HERE.
- All meetings of public bodies (Selectboard, DRB, etc.) are being held entirely on-line with no physical presence – meeting agendas with access information can be found HERE.
- For TRANSFER STATION service notices, scroll to the bottom of this page
You may order any of the following by mail or by filling out the order form found here HERE and enclose a check and drop in the back-door slot or mail. Or order by Credit or Echeck Here (Orders will be mailed to the address used to process your credit card or Echeck.)
- Transfer Station Punch Cards
- Transfer Station Permits
- Dog Licenses – enclose current rabies certificate if last years was expired. (Call if you are not sure)
Click HERE for Latest from Local Emergency Management or email: MountainTownsvirtualEOC@gmail.com.
Vermont Governor Phil Scott’s Executive Orders can be found HERE
Vermont Department of Health’s website: https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/infectious-disease/2019-novel-coronavirus
Vermont Emergency Management’s website: https://vem.vermont.gov/
DISPOSAL OF SOLID WASTE THROUGH OPEN BURNING ORDINANCE – An ordinance regulating open burning and incineration of materials was adopted by the Selectboard on July 6, 2020, can be found HERE. The ordinance becomes effective on September 4, 2020, unless a petition is filed per 24 V.S.A 1973.
TRAFFIC AND PARKING ORDINANCE – An amendment establishing speed limits on Middletown Road (Town Highway #5), adopted by the Selectboard on March 16, 2020, can be found HERE. The speed limits became effective on May 15, 2020.
INVITATION TO BID – For the Town Garage Generator Connection can be found HERE. Bids are due July 30, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
COMMUNITY WASTEWATER STUDY – See the Planning Commission Home Page
Click HERE for Volunteer Opportunities, Board & Committee Vacancies
Click HERE for VT Route 11 Paving Project information
EMERGENCY NUMBER: 911
For non-emergencies call the Vermont State Police Westminster Barracks: 802-722-4600.
THE LONDONDERRY MONTHLY
Click to see the latest news and happenings in the March 2020
We have added MailChimp as our method for distributing information to our town email list and will be using it to send the monthly newsletter.
Links to earlier editions of the Londonderry Monthly can be found on this site by choosing the TOWN menu and then selecting NEWSLETTER.
** TRANSFER STATION **
Transfer Station Recycling Center Hours: Mon., Tue., Thur., Fri., Sat. 9 am – 4 pm; Sun. 12 pm – 4 pm.
Closed on the following Holidays:
New Year’s Day, MLK Day, President’s Day, Town Meeting Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
TRANSFER STATION ALERTS!
The Londonderry Transfer Station is accepting Trash, Recyclables, Food Scraps, Construction and Demolition Waste and Leaf and Yard Waste.
- State Guidelines on use of Solid Waste facilities are HERE
- The Take It or Leave it Shed is Closed.
- Annual Stickers and Punch Cards can be purchased by credit card or echeck by clicking this link: https://pay.xpress-pay.com/org/D6F2CEAF94204A6 These will be mailed to the address you provide, if you have special instructions – please email email@example.com.
Transfer Station Punch Cards – $10 for five punches/ $20 for ten punches
Transfer Station Yearly Permits – $10 each
- Compost Bins order form 2020
Last updated March 24,2020